Table of Contents
- Sunday, April 28th, 2019
- Corner of Wilson and Hermitage Avenues
4550 N Hermitage Ave, Chicago, Illinois
- 5k - 8:00am*
- Kids Race - 9:00am*
* Start times are subject to change, so keep your eyes peeled for email updates from us four weeks before the race. Ravenswood 5K uses assigned start corrals to maintain a safe, fast, and fun course for all participants. Your corral assignment will be emailed to you approximately two weeks prior to the race and will be printed on your race bib. Please be in your corral fifteen minutes prior to the start of your race. There will be a short break between each corral.
Please read through all of these rules so there are no surprises on race day!
- We love our walkers. One favor: we ask that they can hold a 15 minute per mile pace. That’s about four miles per hour, or a brisk power-walk. If you fall below this pace, we can unfortunately no longer guarantee course support—which is paramount for your safety. Aid stations, medical support and road closures will start to become unavailable to participants. The local police and race organizers will ask you to reroute to a shorter version of the course, or move up onto the sidewalk where you will be required to obey regular traffic laws.
- All participant entries are non-transferable and non-refundable. Race numbers cannot be transferred to another participant. We reserve the right to disqualify this person and remove them from the results.
- Depending on the distance, there are various checkpoints on the course where a participant’s timing chip is recorded. If a participant’s chip misses checkpoints, they will be disqualified and removed from the results. If a participant feels this decision has been made in error, they must contact EnMotive at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All bibs have a timing chip affixed to the back of the bib. Removing or tampering with the chip, or completing the event without an official timing chip on your bib will result in disqualification, per USATF rules.
- Wheelchair athletes are permitted on a case-by-case basis, based on your wheelchair type and the city’s course. Wheelchair athletes are required to email us at least three weeks in advance of the event.
- Sorry, no dogs are allowed on the course.
- Bikes and rollerblades are not allowed on the course. Feel free to ride your bike to the event, but please park it before you get to the course.
- For the safety of everyone on course, anyone under age 12 must be accompanied by a registered parent or guardian on course.
- Strollers are permitted on the course, however all participants with strollers must start at the back of the starting area, and participate in a non-competitive manner.
We've got plenty of perks for runners along the way.
- There will be an aid station on course stocked with water and Nuun sports drink.
- In case of emergency, we have medical personnel standing by and a medical tent at the finish line.
- Port-o-johns are located at the start/finish area.
Course is subject to change.